Old 16-07-2003, 06:22 PM
kljcvlzkj

Default O/T - Systemics on food crops

Using Orthonex on something you're going to eat is a really bad idea - it's
designed to kill.

"Anne Lurie" wrote in message
. com...
Generally speaking, this post is off-topic, since I have questions about
using systemic "-cides," specifically Orthonex, on vegetables & fruits.

Practically speaking, I don't believe that I could possibly be the only

one
on this newsgroup who would like to buy as few potent chemicals as

possible;
i.e., if I can use Orthonex for something other than roses, I'd like to

know
that. (I will say that using a hose-end sprayer to apply Orthonex to a
Weeping Japanese Cherry next to some rose bushes seemed to help the

ree --
or the JB just moved to a host I haven't yet discovered, sigh....)

I was under the impression that systemic pesticides (never dealt with
fungicides before I got "rose fever") were *never* to be used on fruit or
vegetables?

However, this website talks about Funginex

http://pmep.cce.cornell.edu/profiles...iforine/fung-p
rof-triforine.html and this one about Orthene
http://www.arvesta.com/default.asp?V_DOC_ID=687 (granted, I don't know

who
Arvesta is, but the Funginex info is from Cornell University); both refer

selected food crops.

I'd like to hear opinions on this. BTW, I realize that not using poisons

at
all might be the best thing, but I also feel that disposing of pesticides

by
using them as intended is preferable to "dumping" them willy-nilly.

Thanks,

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC