Old 17-07-2003, 12:11 AM
Kay Easton

Default Open Day - North West Leeds -13th July

In article , Mary Fisher
writes

"Kay Easton" wrote in message
If there are any lurkers out there within easy reach of Yeadon, we are
having an Open Day at the Engine Fields Nature Park which I help look
after.

Went the day well?

Yes thanks. I think we suffered a bit from the hot weather - the town
was deserted - I think everyone had gone off to scarborough. But we
still had about 60 people, and they seemed very interested, stayed
around quite a long while.

The pond specimens were a definite hit, with the newts and the leeches
voted 'cool'. And the self guided tours went well, with groups of people
wandering round the park and clustering around to read the text at each
stopping point - I think we got some of our messages across.

Nice to have some older children as well as younger ones, all very
intereted - even managed to get some of them interested in flowers ;-)
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: