Old 11-07-2003, 03:08 PM
Kay Easton

Default Open Day - North West Leeds -13th July

If there are any lurkers out there within easy reach of Yeadon, we are
having an Open Day at the Engine Fields Nature Park which I help look
after.

It's Sunday 13th July (ie this Sunday), from 10 till about 3. There will
be displays showing how we manage the reserve, specimens of the pond
life to look at, some of the tools we use, and self-guided tours round
the reserve to see the flowers and wildlife, and some of the problems we
face.

To find the Park, please go to

http://www.scarboro.demon.co.uk/engi...s/visiting.htm
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
Old 13-07-2003, 11:15 PM
Mary Fisher

"Kay Easton" wrote in message
If there are any lurkers out there within easy reach of Yeadon, we are
having an Open Day at the Engine Fields Nature Park which I help look
after.

It's Sunday 13th July (ie this Sunday), from 10 till about 3. There will
be displays showing how we manage the reserve, specimens of the pond
life to look at, some of the tools we use, and self-guided tours round
the reserve to see the flowers and wildlife, and some of the problems we
face.

Went the day well? I wanted to go but it was just too hot and Spouse had to
help No 3 son with his van, using our car of course ...

Mary

Old 17-07-2003, 12:11 AM
Kay Easton

In article , Mary Fisher
writes

"Kay Easton" wrote in message
If there are any lurkers out there within easy reach of Yeadon, we are
having an Open Day at the Engine Fields Nature Park which I help look
after.

Went the day well?

Yes thanks. I think we suffered a bit from the hot weather - the town
was deserted - I think everyone had gone off to scarborough. But we
still had about 60 people, and they seemed very interested, stayed
around quite a long while.

The pond specimens were a definite hit, with the newts and the leeches
voted 'cool'. And the self guided tours went well, with groups of people
wandering round the park and clustering around to read the text at each
stopping point - I think we got some of our messages across.

Nice to have some older children as well as younger ones, all very
intereted - even managed to get some of them interested in flowers ;-)
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
Old 17-07-2003, 09:42 PM
Mary Fisher

Went the day well?

Yes thanks. I think we suffered a bit from the hot weather - the town
was deserted - I think everyone had gone off to scarborough. But we
still had about 60 people, and they seemed very interested, stayed
around quite a long while.

Now I feel guilty ...

Mary