Old 17-07-2003, 12:58 AM
Salty Thumb

Default Plant Labels - soap box commentary

"Don K" wrote in
:

I was being sarcastic. I'm not concerned about the toxicity
of aluminum or gold and I'm not going to avoid either one
just because someone comes up with an inconclusive factoid
that it may be toxic.

If the scientific or medical community ever makes a judgment
that these metals should be avoided, then I will listen. Until
then, it's just another crackpot idea for alarmists to get
themselves worked up over.

That's very well and good for yourself, but I'm glad people here are
willing to bring up "crackpot" ideas. I for one didn't know about the
possible detriments of plastic soda pop bottles and I'm glad I can make my
own decisions regarding consumption without relying on the "scientific or
medical" communities' opinion. I wonder if those people have decided if
smoking causes cancer or not yet. Are eggs good or bad for you? etc etc

Your car has a seat belt, it should be up to you and nobody else whether
you use it or not. You want to take the risk of not wearing it, that's
fine. Probably nothing's going to happen, but if something does, well, tsk
tsk.

-- Salty