Old 17-07-2003, 02:22 AM
Snooze

Default Help needed on my 1st tree (giant sequoia)

Have you looked at how high a giant sequioa gets? You're looking at a plant
that gets 300 feet tall, and will outlive your great grandchildren.

Sequioas have a shallow, but wide root systems. If I recall correctly, the
roots expand outwards a good hundred feet if not more. You could put it in a
1-2 feet wide pot for now, since they are very slow growing trees, it will
be many years before it reaches 5-6 ft tall.

For more information, read:
http://www.forestworld.com/public/si...anteum_c2.html

Sameer

"Fanta" wrote in message
Hi,
I have a giant sequoia, approx. 17 in tall (43 cm). That is from the
ground up, not including the roots. Currently it is in a pot. My
question is, how big should the pot be?

Thank you for any help,
Fanta