Old 17-07-2003, 05:53 AM
Salty Thumb

Default Plant Labels - soap box commentary

"Don K" wrote in
:

I, too, like to make my own decisions.
The post I was initially responding to, said, "anyone with aluminum
kitchen pots & utensils should toss them immediately".

Since there is no reputable scientific organization that has come to
the same conclusion, it qualifies as a crackpot advice.

I agree, that if taken seriously, those remarks would be, well for a lack
of a better term, "crackpot". However, I took those remarks to be rather
sardonic, considering the other posts paghat had made in this particular
thread.

I still think it would be wise use a little discretion when drinking from
beverage containers that store acid, and even more so when scrutinizing
products containing things such as sodium aluminum phosphate.

On the other hand, some people feel that if you step on a crack,
it breaks your mother's back. I don't feel that's been scientifically
proven, so I ignore that advice.

Yes, arbitrary, fabricated relations such as that certainly don't deserve
much notice. However, since they did find aluminum in a significant
percentage of the brains of alzheimer's patients and could not say with a
certainty what the sources were, I would tend to err on the side of
caution. Of course I might go nuts and have a soda anyway, but I'd be glad
to be cognizant of the potential risks.

- Salty