Old 17-07-2003, 06:08 AM
RichToyBox

Default Holidays

max,

The filter will need to be cleaned, so show someone how to do that. If you
want someone to feed your fish, that is fine, but measure how much you feed,
and make sure to emphasize to them not to feed more than you feed. (1/2 cup
a day, 1/4 cup, whatever) Many people have had their fish killed by friends
pondsitting overfeeding, causing high ammonia and nitrites. The fish could
probably go the 4 weeks with no problem not being fed, but they could be mad
at you and eat all your plants.
--
RichToyBox

"max" wrote in message
Our holidays next month will see us away for 4 weeks.
Currently my pump is running 24/7 with daily filter cleaning & the 20+

fish
also feeding daily.
Will the pond & more importantly the fish survive this period of neglect ?
Should I leave the pump running or not ?
Should I get a friend to feed the fish or will they be ok ?
Help !!
max (U.K.)