Old 17-07-2003, 01:22 PM
Phisherman

Default blueberry weak-green color problem solved

On 16 Jul 2003 15:38:57 -0700, (Beecrofter) wrote:

Phisherman wrote in message . ..
My blueberry leaves were turning a light green, showing their veins.
The blueberries were fed cottonmeal and given a thick mulch of old
sawdust. I decided to give the plants a (half) dose of Miracid three
weeks ago, and the bushes have responded with a deep green color and
loaded with berries. Wow! The change was amazing. I was a bit leary
of fertilizing the bushes due to damaging the delicate root system
they have, but now I now better. Perhaps the sawdust drew up all the
nitrogen, I don't know.

TEST THE SOIL pH

It is acidic, like my entire property. I have dumped 500 pounds of
lime over my lawn over the past 10 years and it still shows a pH
ranging from 5.8 to 6.3. I'm thinking about using compost instead of
the old sawdust, but old sawdust on blueberry bushes is what many
books recommend.