Old 17-07-2003, 03:04 PM
Simon Avery

Default Stihl FS45 - any thoughts?

"amanda pope" wrote:

Hello amanda

ap I use strimmers on commercial work and Stihl is one of the
ap best makes if pricey. The straight shaft has less
ap maintenance and will pay for itself. Get the best you can
ap afford. The best value for money and my first choice for our
ap contracting equipment is Johnseerd. much cheaper -just as
ap good.

Not strictly true for either, sadly. Both (and Husqy, same
manufacturer as Jonsered) have made some complete turkeys in the lower
price sector. All make super quality machines, but all also make
useless rubbish at the cheaper end.

Unfortunately there are few manufacturers around that aren't willing
to ruin their good name by producing low quality goods. Eg, JCB.