Old 17-07-2003, 06:03 PM
FarmerDill

Default Problems with size of fruits.

I am getting tons of large leaves, but the fruit on the ends are very tiny.
Particularly radishes and carrots.

Am I having a fertalizer problem or have I not given them time to grow yet.
All planted on May 22, 03.

I'm new to gardening. First time.

Gene

Usually small size in a root crop is due to the plants being too crowded. If
the tops are vigorous the roots need room to expand. Carrots take a while to
develop so time may be a factor, however unless you are growing winter
radishes, they should be full size, Potassium (K) is a major nutrient for root
crops, but overcrowding is far and way the major cause of stunted roots in
beets carrots, radishes, turnips etc.