Old 17-07-2003, 07:02 PM
bnd777

Default killing atree

I can understand your annoyance and particularily if the neighbour has not
politely approched you to explain his problem so you can find an amicable
solution
However as one who suffers the hell of 150 ft of Conifer hedge 12ft high and
breaking my fence and I for medical reasons am physically unable to cope
with the constant cutting back thats required nor do i want the mess or
expense of profesionals and the grower refuses point blank to mediate or
compromise I can see things from all sides

If the tree is blocking more and more light from your neighbours patio
please put youself in the same situation and think how you would feel if
roles were reversed ...........then try to find an amicable solution

"Ian Rosenthal" wrote in message
I am not a gardener but wanted some advise from this forum

I think my neighbour is trying to kill a tree that is just on my side of

the
fence. I would estimate it is 10-15 years old and each year it blocks out
more of the light from his patio. It all abit of along story but I am
convinced he is doing something. The tree is still healthy but I want to
know what to look out for. What are the choice of methods and what will

be
the subsequent effect. He is always around the tree at times when he

thinks
I am out or at night. I have inspected but cannot see anything. There is
awhole which looks man made at the base which might have been filled. what
could he have put in there.

As you will appreciate I am most anoyed....can anyone help please

Ian