Old 17-07-2003, 08:02 PM
Wilson

Default Unethical business practices.....

I recently bought a 5.5' x 15' liner from justliners.com to build my
waterfall and was pleased to say the least with the price($23.95 + shipping
$8.00 UPS), it was delivered in approx. 4 days and the quality is more than
I expected.

A week or two before I visited my local (I wouldn't call them a pond supply
store), more of a rock/paver/statuary/but we also order pond supplies from
Aquascape kind of place....went in and asked her to get me prices on a
liner,pump and rocks.....2 weeks later! she calls me back after I already
had finished my waterfall and gives me prices on a liner: 4'x8'
45mil-$96.00!! I told her basically that she had rocks in her head and that
I now understood why nobody even knew of this place even though it had been
open since last October....and that she would never get a dime from me. What
I imagine she was doing is charging me for a roll of liner and cutting my
piece from it.

What I've learned so far about buying supplies for ponds is you must look
around, most places prices are way out of wack on most thing...example: I
visited a pond supplier in a nearby town that carried barley(my mom wanted
me to pick her up some for her pond) $45.00 for what amounted to a 1/2
pillow size bag of barley! Unreal.

I've only checked a few places and websites so far but I'd have to say that
justliners.com is probably the best and cheapest place to go.

My .02 Just felt like venting....sorry, we now return you to your regular
programming.

~Wilson~