Old 17-07-2003, 08:43 PM
Slow Leak

Default High End Lighting Advice - Giesemann & AB

Hi,

I am requesting some feedback on Giesemann and Aqualine Busche lights. The
application is a freshwater planted tank in an oceanic standard 55 gallon
with Co2 supplimentation. I do keep a marine tank as well and am cross
posting because most Giesemann and AB fixtures are sold for marine
applications.

Both appear well made. I am mostly interested to have the lights look better
in the den with a better reflector and use. The two units I have interest in
are the 120 cm (48") AB with 4 X 54w T5's, Or the Giesemann Sunrise 140 cm
(54") 3 X 39W T5 lamp. I live in US and will need to order special most
likely. I do not want an external ballast because I need 120V 60 hz
configuration.

The sunrise model has an electronic dimmer built in to gradually turn on
brighter and off slowly. The suspended unit will be 3 1/2" over each side.
for the Giesemann model. I hink 39 X 4 is more appropraite for a FW tank
this size. It i also double the cost.

It really boils down to, is 4X 54W T5s 6500K too much 12 inches over a FW
densly planted tanks? The AB T% lamp is less expensive due to not having a
timer and will fit over slightly better too.

Does anyone have either fixture?

Thanks for your help

Slow Leak