Old 17-07-2003, 08:44 PM
Vincent

Default Slightly planted tank

Hi,

Thanks.

Yeah I understand the fishn will stay very clustered, but are there ant
other fishes that will look good clustered, or are there any other fishes
that will be good to fill in those empty spaces?

Vincent

"LeighMo" wrote in message
I have this idea of doing a tank that is so lightly planted that I
only plant carpet plants, then an occasional anubias. Driftwood are
used to scape the tank. Any comments?

Amano has done tanks like this. Inspired by the African Serengeti plains.
They are stunning: just a huge field of Lilaeopsis, with a small

arrangement of
rocks or driftwood in the center.

These tanks look amazing, but I have to say, the fish in them never look

very
happy. You need fairly bright light to maintain a lawn like that, and

with
bright light and no real cover, the fish always seem a bit nervous. In

Amano's
photos, the neon tetras and other fish are always huddled close to the

lawn,
leaving an awful lot of empty space in the tank, since both plants and

fish are
only at the bottom.

Leigh