Old 17-07-2003, 08:45 PM
Sergey Politaev

Default Echinodorus

"Paulo Almeida" wrote in message
news:1052091271.756466@newsfront3...
I have several echinodorus, in my 600 liters tank (about 130 galons i
believe). The problem is they are getting yellowish in the edges of the
leaves and in the midlle (where sometimes apears some yellow spots). This
happens in older leaves, by the other hand new ones are being biten by my
clown loachs.

It's pretty looks like your tank is overheated for echinodoruses - too fast
degradation of old leaves and damaged young ones - the ability of roots to
supply the plant with nutrients is simply behind the growth rate. This
plants, originating from moderate warm climate zones, often show such kind
of reaction at temperatures more then 25 - 27 C. If my guess is true, next
step would be dying of growth points and the whole plant after a while.
--
~SP~
"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity;