Old 17-07-2003, 08:46 PM
Duncan A. McRae

Default Corkscrew vals are fading; suggestions?

I've just picked up a two-bulb 36" fixture (for a total of 80 watts over a
38g tank). Not sure I'll put both 30w bulbs in, but at least I have that
option. Have also boosted the fertilizer a little. My test kits are only
the standard stuff -- Ammonia, Nitrite, pH, pH High, gH and kH -- so what
should I be looking for with the next test kits? I'm thinking Iron and
Nitrate, but do I need anything else?

Thanks;

"LeighMo" wrote in message
IME, corkscrew Val needs a little more like than regular Val. You may not

have
enough light for it. You've got only a little over 1 wpg, and that's

counting
the "unreliable" bulb.

Leigh