Old 17-07-2003, 08:46 PM
Eric Schreiber

Default I surrender - no more live plants

"First Name" wrote:

Everything that's green and I touch dies. No exception.
The girl in the fish store sold me some plant " A........." that looks and
probably is a weed and said no one can kill it. I killed it.

I've killed quite a few myself. It can certainly be frustrating
starting out.

1) I have a 2" bed of "Flourite". Will I have to clean this as I would
gravel?

Yes. While Flourite is ideal for growing plants, in all other respects
just treat it as any other gravel. And since it's expensive, I'd
recommend that even if you decide to remove it from your tank (to
replace with another color, for example) that you keep it, or give it
to another hobbyist. No point in throwing such valuable stuff away.

2) I have a Co2 generator Nutrafin Natural Plant System by Hagen. I guess I
no longer need this? If not $20 and shipping is included.

No point in having it on an unplanted tank.

--
www.ericschreiber.com