Old 17-07-2003, 08:46 PM
Christina Marie Thompson

Default I surrender - no more live plants

Bob,

I'm going to be wanting 3 of the Hagen CO2 Plant Gro units soon, so if
you've truly decided to give up on plants, e-mail me and maybe we can work
something out on this.

However, I would encourage you to try again. I, too, can kill anything green
(including cacti), except algae (which wouldn't die no matter how hard I tried
to kill it), and I'm still trying. (Hmm, maybe I should try to kill the plants
and try to keep the algae alive, and things will reverse as seems to be usual
for me.)

Personally, I think a planted tank is so much prettier to look at, and I
know the fish like it better, than even one with lots of artificial decorations.
Plastic plants still look fake, and they're certainly not as flexible as real
plants to provide hiding places, besides, most people don't put in enough fake
plants to really give shelter. And the other decorations just aren't natural at
all.

Christina

First Name wrote:

Everything that's green and I touch dies. No exception.

The girl in the fish store sold me some plant " A........." that looks and
probably is a weed and said no one can kill it. I killed it.

I know I can invest more time and lots more money into a live plant tank but
I'm not that interested. I'm just looking for some fish I can feed and
minimal tank maintance.

Now to the questions.

1) I have a 2" bed of "Flourite". Will I have to clean this as I would
gravel?

2) I have a Co2 generator Nutrafin Natural Plant System by Hagen. I guess I
no longer need this? If not $20 and shipping is included.

Thanks, bob

--
Though lovers be lost love shall not;
And death shall have no dominion.