Old 17-07-2003, 08:46 PM
Madpiano

Default I surrender - no more live plants

Could be true. I used to have Laterite in the floor. That's propably why the
root feeders did well, allthough crypts never did. They kind of didn't die,
but didn't do anything either.....

I now have a different tank. The Swords don't do well, but Java Moss and all
other plants have taken off. Oh well, never mind, as long as they are
growing.

Here is a pictu
http://www.pbase.com/image/15144670 just after it was set up in April

http://www.pbase.com/image/16483130 one month later, before pruning

http://www.pbase.com/image/16576341 after pruning it

Don't give up, you will find a plant which will take off, honestly.

Greetings
Mad
"Rich Conley" wrote in message
.. .
Sounds like root feeders work for you...water collumn feeders dont.

Madpiano wrote:

Java fern doesn't die. Try that?

Dan

It does in my tank, I am afraid.....Took me 3 tries as well, to keep

Java
Moss alive...My Java Moss is now going mad and I have to keep cutting

it,
but the 2 batches before died a slow death. Some of the same batch of

moss
is now in one of our other tanks and is dying there. Java Ferns don't do
well in any of our tanks. They either don't grow, or don't grow and die.
Nothing in between.

A plant which is doing well in all our tanks is the Madagascar Lace

Plant
though and Aponogentum Ulvaceus. Amazon swords can be hardy plants, or
Vallis.