Old 17-07-2003, 08:46 PM
Donovan Niewoehner

Default What kid of plant is this?

I recieved a bulb from a friend of mine who got it in a bundle of random
plants he got from a LFS, the bulb looked like just a dead lump of wood, but
I threw it in the planted tank just in case. It sprouted a pair of tiny
leaves and stayed that way for several months. Two weeks ago it sprouted
roots (that are very firmly attached to the gravel) and some steams with
arrowhead shaped leaves on the end. about a week ago it sent up one after
another rounded pads that uncurl at the surface of the water.
The pads have a glossy sheen on their top surface and a reddish
coloration on their underside.
The tank is a 6 gallon eclipse with the stock 8 watts of lighting.
All of my other plants (especally the sword in the foreground that grows
like mad) are doing well.
I figured it's some kind of apon? but any more specific information
would be appreciated.. How does this plant propigate?

Thanks for any input.

--donovan