Old 17-07-2003, 10:32 PM
Billy

Default Need recommendation for riding mower, but needs to be 37" wide

My house is situated on a slope, with a flat section in the back and on one side
of the house. To get to this side lawn, though, requires being able to fit
between two deck posts that are (at most) 37" apart.

The only mowers I have seen that are this narrow are the rear-engine type. This
is fine, as I don't care how long it takes to mow.

But the problem is the slope, and I am wondering if these mowers (generally
15hp) will handle going up and down the slope with me on it. I am 170lb, so I
am not a really big guy, but I am concerned about the mower having enough HP to
pull it, me, AND cut the grass at the same time.

I might also want to add a cart later to pull around bales of pine straw, etc.

See the slope at

http://www.geocities.com/filechest

The steepest part is at the top in front of the house.

Is there a mower that fits these needs?