Old 17-07-2003, 10:52 PM
molli

Default Need advice on Cherry Trees

Or you could do what I do...become really good friends with the next door
neighbors who have a cherry tree in their yard..all the cherries I could
pick in return for one of my pies!

--

Hugs,
Molli

As to which cherry tree to plant, it would depend on just how far north
you are, and whether you wanted sweet or tart (pie) cherries. Either
choice would get you too many trees to pick from, which is why I planted
a dozen varieties this spring, and I'll probably add a dozen more next
spring. Some will work, some might not, but plant collecting is a
disease that crosses from orchids to orchards quite easily.

Rob