Old 17-07-2003, 10:52 PM
Hank Pagel

Default Brown spots on leaves?

It may be time to put a new Sears catalogue in the out house ;-) I'm sorry
but could not resist.

IMO sounds like low iron.
"Sue Alexandre" wrote in message
I know it will be hard for you to answer this without all the details and
specs of my pond, but maybe if you've had a similar experience it will ring
a bell with you. I have a 4000 gallon pond in it's fourth year, and
everything is wonderful. Clear water, healthy fish, spawning, hatching,
lily buds, etc.

Within the past week I have added some potash and some baking soda, but
not on the same day. Today I noticed that a LOT of the plants leaves,
(hyacinth, lily pads) have lots of big brown patches on them, even the lily
pads that are still UNDER the water. Did one of the two additives I put in
do this or is it just coincidence? I can't imagine either of them
causing that kind of damage.
Sue