Old 18-07-2003, 06:42 AM
Susan Solomon

Default Honor Rose

Have you been having a sudden hot weather spell? Could it be that they're
suffering from being underwatered? Perhaps they are wilting to the point of
buds flopping over? Did this happen last year? Are any of your other roses
acting this way?

I have been growing Honor for over 10 yrs, 2 diff. bushes, here in So Cal. I
love this rose! One of my best growing and blooming roses, stately, bushy,
healthy and beautiful, with frequent and abundant rebloom. Mine blooms in
both singles and small clusters of absolutely beautiful blooms. I have also
read that it prefers cooler climates. (I'm in zone 24, coastal Calif)

I also grow JFK, and am not pleased with it's scrawny growth and few, small
and malformed blooms. I will be replacing it next year.

I hope you can find out what's wrong with your bushes ... Good Luck!

"Ozzie Nelson" wrote in message
Before I take drastic action with my two Honor roses, can someone verify
that Honor has the tendency to produce weak stems that often are unable

support the flowers above, especially after overhead watering?

I'm wondering if the weak stems are caused by something I'm doing wrong.

The
two Honor roses in question are planted in full sun.

Thanks
Ozzie