Old 18-07-2003, 10:12 AM
Ed

Default K2SO4 and scratching

On Thu, 15 May 2003 20:56:08 -0700, "Darryl Hover"
wrote:

Howdy all!
I've got several fish that have started scratching themselves after I
started dosing the K2SO4 and KNO3. Doesn't seem that this is a good thing.
Any thoughts?

Hey Darryl,

What is the source of your chemicals? I know this might seem like a
stupid question.... But are you sure you're dosing the correct
chemicals? Could your chemicals contain something other than K2SO4 ot
KNO3?

Could the scratching and darting be from Chlorine and or chlorimine
contained in your dosage?

snip

Any clues? Has anyone experienced this before?
Darryl

I have never had any problems with either of those two chemicals. But
I don't use K2SO4 anymore. Over the past 3 years I have only been
dosing KNO3, KCL and K2PHO4. But using K2SO4 should not give you any
problems unless you have too much Sulfur in your water...

Do a couple of large water changes... this'll usually set things
right.

Regards,

Ed at
i-aquaria dot com