Old 18-07-2003, 10:13 AM
Bob A

Default Corkscrew vals are fading; suggestions?

"LeighMo" wrote in message
This is something I've been curious about in my tank for a while... they

are
not fading (I have 2wpg), they are doing quite well, but once in a while

leaf/strand will turn a beautiful red color. Seems to be mostly at the
point they reach the surface and float.

IME, when a Vallisneria blade turns red, it's because it's dying. Kind of

like
autumn leaves. It's natural for the older blades to die off. As long

they're
being replaced by new ones, it's nothing to worry about.

Leigh

Thanks, now I know. I think they are (like autumn leaves) quite pretty.
Good to know its not a problem.

bob