Old 18-07-2003, 10:13 AM
Ed

Default Small Planted Tank

Sorry didn't mean to repost your post....

On Sun, 18 May 2003 05:50:04 -0700, Ed wrote:

On 18 May 2003 11:03:14 GMT, mallfry (E. Mito) wrote:

I re-did my 2 gallon Explorer tank using riccia, java moss, and lobelia
cardinalis, hoping that the wild overgrowth I experienced before won't be an
issue with these slower growers.

If you'd like to see...

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/mitoem/more_tanks.htm

Hopefully the conditions will allow the riccia and java moss to grow out some
so it looks more natural on the wood. I kept some rotala indica on the left
side of the tank because I can trim them easily enough by cutting the tops off.
I'm considering Sergey's suggestion of using Micranthemum or Hemianthus (if I
can find some locally) for the back to hide the heater, or possibly a small
cryptocoryne wendtii since the filter makes the rear shadier than the
foreground.

Let me know what you think!

Erica
http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/mitoem/index.htm