Old 18-07-2003, 10:13 AM
E. Mito

Default Small Planted Tank

Thanks Leigh and Ed!

Ed -- The rotala doesn't grow too fast in this tank, probably because I don't
CO2 inject. It's the same rotala I've had in there for about five or six
months now and it's pretty manageable. I did have foxtails and ludwigia --
those were way out of control. I may decide to setup a small DIY CO2 injection
system if the riccia doesn't start growing...it's looking a little shabby and I
haven't noticed much pearling.

Leigh -- I agree it looks more in scale...I'm really happy with the piece of
driftwood I found, even though I had to saw a big branch off and break off a
couple of ends. THe nice thing about this little tank is that I was able to
wedge the top of one of the branches underneath the filtration system so
floating wasn't a problem. BTW...I just saw your new webpage picture and I
have to saw WOW...that tiger lotus of yours is spectacularly beautiful and
HUGE!! It's quite a difference from the last picture of your tank I saw. You
have quite a band of SAEs in there, too.

Erica
http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/mitoem/index.htm