Old 18-07-2003, 10:14 AM
Duncan A. McRae

Default Flourite + Sand Substrate a good idea?

Can one vacuum sand? I haven't investigated it seriously as I envision it
all getting sucked up the Python...

"Jeff Heimsch" wrote in message
Also if you "layer" it, the layer will be destroyed the first time you
attempt to vacuum the substrate.

"Dave Millman" wrote in message
I hear good things about Seachem Flourite and I was thinking about
purchasing Flourite and using
sand instead of gravel to use on top of the flourite.

Others have advised you not to mix for a 10 gallon tank. Attempting to

layer is
even less desirable: the sand grains will fall through th Flourite

pretty
quickly. You will not get the result you were after. Straight Flourite

is
awesome in all ways but cost. For a small tank, you only need one bag,

so
you
can't save any money anyway.