Old 18-07-2003, 10:14 AM
SteveC

Default Flourite + Sand Substrate a good idea?

Thanks for all the responses. Looks like staight Flourite will be the way to
go.

Thanks again,

--SteveC

"SteveC" wrote in message
Hi, I don't know if this subject has been mentioned before so please

forgive
me
if I am re-hashing a previously discussed topic.

I hear good things about Seachem Flourite and I was thinking about
purchasing Flourite and using
sand instead of gravel to use on top of the flourite.

From prior research, apparently one can use play sand available at your
local home center i.e.
Home Depot, Lowe's etc.

Does anyone know if this is a good combination or should I just use

straight
Flourite and nothing on top or what?

The setup I want to do is a basic 10 gallon tank with a few plants maybe
some
Java Fern and an Amazon sword or two to start.

Thanks in advance,

--SteveC