Old 18-07-2003, 10:15 AM
Joe Ferenchik

Default CO2 regulator recommendation?

I'm extremely happy with this reliable equipment from Dave Gomberg.
Great equipment and a reasonable price. Get the needle vavle too!!

http://www.wcf.com/co2iron/

works great and has been problem free. The only thing that I've
changed was to add the following diy reactor in place of the eheim
diffuser.

http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua/diy_reactor.htm

this has allowed me to drop the co2 feed rate to the aquarium and
still keep the same co2 saturation rate (this means better co2
diffusion and a longer run time before co2 cylinder refills). The
$20US or so this reactor has cost has already paid for itself in co2
cost savings as well as wear and tear on the automobile.

In reference to your post below, you're going to "rent" co2 cylinders.
You'll get one that's filled, and when that one is empty, you'll
receive another filled one in exchange for your empty. The reason for
doing this is so that the filling establishment can periodically test
the integrity of the cylinder so that if it's defective it can be
removed from service and destroyed before a catastrophe ensues.

You'll also love the fact that you're done being a yeast chemist ;-)

good luck and hth

joe

On Thu, 29 May 2003 22:09:25 -0700, "Djay"
wrote:

I'm tired of doing the DIY Yeast CO2 constantly. I found a local place that
sells and refills CO2 containers at a reasonable price. Do any of you have
a regulator that you would recommend? While cheaper isn't always better,
I'm looking for a good value and good quality.

TIA,

DJay