Old 18-07-2003, 10:16 AM
Bob A

Default ditching CO2

This is not really a question, unless someone has some specific advice, or
sees something wrong with what I'm doing here.

I have been using DIY CO2 in my 55g tank, heavily planted, 2wpg, for quite a
while. I just could not keep the pH stable. I was quite worried about
swings from 6.4 to 7.4 and the like, affecting the fish. The CO2 worked
great, it would just go up fast and down fast.

Over the past 2-3 weeks I simply did not replace the CO2 mix. I watched
carefully to see how high the pH would go, and it stabilized at 7.6.
Hopefully it will remain stable. Phyl at (the now "no longer")
TrueAquariumPlants said that I did not really need/have to have CO2, but I
wanted to try it. My plants are doing well, (in some cases too well
grin), so.... that's about it. Oh... KH is 4-5.

I do want to add that this ng is and has been a great help to me, and a
wealth of knowledge. I appreciate that. I also appreciate the efforts of
those of you who send out plants for only the fair s/h.

best to all,

bob