Old 18-07-2003, 12:03 PM

Default Noisey Birds!

"Derek Banks" wrote in message
: Over the last few years Crows have moved into our area of residential
: Surrey along with a big increase in Magpies. For several hours today -
: high sun - the din from these two species over and around the gardens
: was a deafening squawking and shrieking. They were flying around
: buzzing each other constantly wheeling, turning and changing places on
: the tree tops, roofs and television aerials. It was almost as if they
: were competing for the top territory trying to oust each other. After
: about three hours, mid afternoon, the racket died down and all was
: peaceful. We thought it extra ordinary behaviour and wondered what was
: going on. It's a bit late for nest invading.
: They can make as much noise as they like but please any ideas?
:
: Pam and Derek Banks
:
Perhaps there were birds of prey around.