Old 18-07-2003, 12:52 PM
Christopher Norton

Default Is it too late to plant pole beans in Wisconsin?

The message
from (andrea baker) contains these words:

Hi folks,

In your opinion, is it too late to plant pole beans in Wisconsin? For
a number of reasons (primarily, moving house at the end of May), I am
running behind this year, and didn't get anything planted until I
planted some tomatoes in containers and some pole beans in the ground
a week ago.

I soaked the pole beans over night before planting them, and didn't
plant them too deep, but they still aren't above ground. Assuming
that they come up in 1 more week's time, that would be July 24.

The package says maturity is 54-60 days, but my experience is that the
maturity is always 2-4 weeks longer than the package says.

What say you all?

Andrea Baker

If your gonna put em in the ground I`d say have a go. All you lose is a
bit of seed.

By pole bean would this be what the US call runner beans?