Old 18-07-2003, 04:32 PM
Weldon Wallick

Default Brown spots on leaves?

I have seen the same thing in my small pond, the brown spots, that is.

AND, I tend to think it comes from the use of potash - maybe a little
too much - don't know. Gonna quit it for a while and see what happens
- or doesn't happen.

I also use baking soda to keep the ph above the acid range.

OTOH, it may be related to the awful heat here in Florida.?

WLW

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 22:30:41 -0400, "Sue Alexandre"
wrote:

-------- (grinning and shaking head over Hank's answer)

"Hank Pagel" wrote in message news It may be time to put a new Sears catalogue in the out house ;-) I'm sorry but could not resist.

IMO sounds like low iron.
"Sue Alexandre" wrote in message news:16CRa.2$If5.1@lakeread06...
I know it will be hard for you to answer this without all the details and specs of my pond, but maybe if you've had a similar experience it will ring a bell with you. I have a 4000 gallon pond in it's fourth year, and everything is wonderful. Clear

water, healthy fish, spawning, hatching, lily buds, etc.

Within the past week I have added some potash and some baking soda, but not on the same day. Today I noticed that a LOT of the plants leaves, (hyacinth, lily pads) have lots of big brown patches on them, even the lily pads that are still UNDER the

water. Did one of the two additives I put in do this or is it just coincidence? I can't imagine either of them causing that kind of damage.
Sue