Old 18-07-2003, 06:22 PM
bnd777

Default decomposing branches

Dont know what shredder you have but if I did that with mine I would have to
fork out to have new blades fitted

"Victoria Clare" wrote in message
. 240.11...
"bnd777" wrote in
:

If the stuff is fresh it can be shredded and added to compost bins etc
If its old and hard then you need to burn it or take it to your refuse
tip where they most likely will recycle it

I shred all of mine, even elderly dead branches, apart from really big
ones. They compost fine if you mix with grass cuttings and greenstuff, or
I find the dry shreddings useful as a substitute for bark chippings on
paths.

Also useful for clearing the shredder if you have been shredding lots of
fibrous stuff like young ash saplings and it's got caught round the blade:
bung in some dead apple twigs or something and it cleans it off
beautifully. I have a special heap of 'old twigs' I keep for this job.

Victoria