Old 18-07-2003, 07:44 PM
DigitalVinyl

Default mystery flower/weed

"Cereoid-UR12-" wrote:

Shame on you.

You should have recognized that as a Zinnia.

Hey I'm new at this...I'll be better next year. I haven't tried
growing one yet. (well i did THINK i was growing one)

Birds don't plant seeds. They drop them in their poop.

Well I have bird poop on my planters, my rack, my chairs, my tables,
my watering cans... It is just a matter of time before poop finds its
way to a nice patch of dirt. There is a bird nest overhead about two
feet away so I saw it as a possible dropped seed.

The Zinnia probably came as a stowaway with some plant you bought.

This dirt has been growing just a few plants since April. The dirt
came from bags and I mostly transplanted stuff into it that I grew
myself from seeds back in March. Unless it just lay dormant for a long
while in some dirt.

The color on the photo came out nice, accurate...it is a bubble-gum
pink. Just got a new camera. :-)

DigitalVinyl wrote in message
.. .
This flower came up in one box. It didn't spread or multiple so I let
it grow. The leaves looked similar to my sunflower when it was
starting. Now that it has flowered, anyone recognize it?

I'm guessing it is either a wildflower or something planted by the
birds.

http://members.aol.com/digitalvinyl6...Flower-med.jpg

DiGiTAL ViNYL (no email)
1st Year Gardener