Old 18-07-2003, 08:25 PM
Roy Bailey

Default Weeds

In article , ned
writes
Roy Bailey wrote:
I have a piece of ground which I laughingly call an orchard because
it does actually have some fruit trees in it. It also has burdock,
dock, nettle, creeping buttercup, speedwell, plantain, applemint

that
has escaped from elsewhere, and much more besides.

Somewhere under all that is some grass which I would like to
encourage. I cut this lot regularly with a strimmer, but the weeds
come back again quickly. How else can I get rid of them without

using
chemicals? Is burdock a perennial?

Good Heavens, man. Have you no soul.
These are wild flowers you are speaking of.
Treasure your natural habitat.
Have it cited as a Site of Special Scientific Interest.
Encourage your neighbours to visit and sample its delights
............. after the fruit picking.

I promise you, there is plenty more such stuff around here!
--
Roy Bailey
West Berkshire.