Old 18-07-2003, 08:32 PM
paghat

Default Budleja

In article , Tracey wrote:

but the white ones seems in distress, as all
the flower heads are hanging as if in need of
water,

Most of the buddleia I've seen (at least the older
ones, with large flowers) seem to 'droop' over, at
least as far as bending in the middle. If the leaves
look fine (not limp and drooping), I would tend to
think that it's not necessarily in distress, just that
the weight of the flower is causing the drooping.

Tracey

Is budleja the same as buddleia? Butterfly bushes certainly do droop
naturally, but they can also be harmed by over watering. I next-to-never
water mine & it looks great. I've used a bamboo pole to help train a
"leader" so that it is developing a trunk, & becoming more upright than
most butterfly bushes, since I also remove the lowermost floppy branches.
Without SOME training they'll end up floppy octopi.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"