Old 19-07-2003, 04:02 AM
Bill R

Default Please help ID this flower

jrstark wrote:

I'm in NW Indiana, within a mile or so of Lake Michigan. I think they
just changed us to zone 6. Will these grow between stepping stones with
traffic from a large dog? If I can get some seeds this late, will they
still bloom?

Janine

Janine,

I have never had much luck starting them from seed this late
in the season. I doubt if you will have any luck with them
if you plant them where you have traffic from a large dog.
They are fairly tender and break off easily. One good thing
about breaking them off is that you can stick them in moist
soil and they will start a new plant. I have stared many
planters that way for my neighbors from my plants.

I have some pictures of my Portulaca (Moss Rose) on my web
site along with many other pictures from my and my
neighbor's gardens.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Digital Camera: HP PhotoSmart 850