Old 19-07-2003, 05:22 AM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

Default Fountain head attachment

I'll answer all below:

"Anne Lurie" wrote in message
. com...
LN,

I missed your original post, but I have a few suggestions, as I know what
it's like not to have a "local pond store" (see my posts in another

thread).

If there's a Sam's Club near you (much more likely than a pond store,

IMHO),
take another look at the brands sold there.

Yes, that's where we bought the pond (prefab). We aren't members, but a
friend who is came with me. You should have seen us trying to get that huge
thing in my van. Finally did once I took it all out of the box. LOL

What brand is your pump? (There should be a label on it somewhere.) Try
checking for the website of the manufacturer; you should be able to find

the
dimensions of your pump there.

Good idea. I'll have to go look. AGAIN. LOL Fish are getting a little
curious about why I keep picking up that pump. Knocked a snail off of it
tonight when I was taking it out to get a better look at it. (why didn't I
think to look for the manufacturer?)

In my teeny water garden, I have a Little Giant pump; I recently bought
replacement "tube-thingy" at Lowes' Home Center, complete with 3 heads; I
assume that Home Depot would sell the same.

As for the boredom -- do you have any fish in your pond? There's a
*whole* lot more to think about if you have fish and/or plants!!! (OTOH,
it's a lot easier to bring in a pump in NH winter than drain pond & bring

in
fish, etc.)

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

I do have some gold fish. I think 8, but have only seen 7 consistantly. I
also have plants. Just wanted the pretty fountain spray. We don't drain
our pond, but do bring our babies in cuz the pond isn't deep enough for
them. They would become Mrs. Paul's.

--
LN in NH (new gardener in zone 5)
photos.yahoo.com/lns_obsessed