Old 19-07-2003, 07:42 AM
Evergreen

Default How much lighting is too much?

Yes, thank you. And that makes sense to me....what you're saying.

The thing is that it seems to be 36" hoods give (in compact flourescent)
either 2x or 4x wattage of the tank, at least if it is a 46g bowfront, as
mine. But I would imagine that any amount of containment around that area
would require a similar wattage of lightbulbs. I was thinking of going for
3x watts/gallon, but now it seems like I have the choice between 2x or 4x.
Not sure about that.

"Rex Grigg" wrote in message
On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 04:07:40 GMT, "RedForeman"
wrote:

Can you elaborate a little about the "is going to cause you problems if

you
are not prepared." part? I'd like to know as well, I'm always looking

for
more info...

thanks.

Prepared, as with CO2, and test kits. Nitrate and phosphate. Having
an adequate amount of fertilizers on hand. Bulk sources of nitrate,
phosphate, potassium, trace minerals. Knowing how to dose the
fertilizers. A 4 wpg tank is what I consider to be a very fast tank.
Plants grow fast, nutrients are used fast, problems happen fast, fixes
happen slow.