Old 19-07-2003, 02:32 PM
Sue Alexandre

Default Hovering insects

Hi.
I've noticed for the past week or so that there is a swarm of flying insects hovering over my new, small turtle pond. (about 150 gallons). There is LOTS of plant life in the pond, a filter, a tiny waterfall (for aeration) 3 turtles, one oranda, and a few newly hatched fish (from eggs I had thrown in there). What are they and how do I get them to leave? They are smaller than mosquitoes, almost like gnats, and they are ALWAYS hanging a few inches above the water over the turtle pond. Very frustrating when I'm in there putzing. I've never noticed them hanging over the 4,000 gallon koi pond.
Sue