Old 19-07-2003, 09:13 PM
bnd777

Default Hedge renovation?

Digging out the ivy is probably the only way to get rid although if you can
paint the thick stems with creosote that would kill it ........pull out the
rest though
you can cut privet back pretty hard and it will regrow however suggest you
do some in the autumn and then again very early spring before it starts to
sprout
"Ron" wrote in message
Urglers,

Firstly, thanks to those who gave advice about the laylandi in my front
garden.

Along the side of my front garden is quite an old privet hedge which is
"infected" with ivy. I'd like to keep the hedge but it needs renovation

if
that's possible.

My questions are 1. If renovation is possible how do I go about it? and 2.
How can I get rid of the ivy without killing the hedge, assuming it's
renovated?

Regards

Ron