Old 20-07-2003, 10:33 AM
rapdor

Default Transplanting Grevillias

I would cut it back by 40% immediately, then give it a spray with white oil
(about 10 ml in a half litre), and leave the ground around the roots bare to
soak up any sun it can get.

"Dion" wrote in message
news
Doing some rearranging of a garden bed today and we had to move a
50cm-ish high Grevillia we planted several months back.

Anyway, while moving it the roots got damaged. The root ball is about
50% of its original size. None of the major roots were damaged, just
a lot of the smaller ones which fell off due to the weight of soil
clumped in with the roots.

Should the plant pick itself up okay - are Grevillias fairly hardy?
I've given it some fertiliser designed for transplanting as well, but
I'm not sure if there's much else I can do except for TLC.