Old 20-07-2003, 10:22 PM
Frogleg

Default mystery flower/weed

On 19 Jul 2003 19:47:13 GMT, oway (Tyra Trevellyn)
wrote:

"Cereoid-UR12-"
wrote:

For somebody from New Jersey, you sure say a lot of stupid things, Tyra.

Hey, I'm sorry, but the Official New Jersey State Brain is out on loan until
Monday. I thought I'd do without it just to see what would happen. But
despite that, I did in fact read every word you wrote.

Didn't miss a syllable.

Didn't say you suggested that the zinnia seeds arrived in poop. (Did you read
MY whole reply?) I thought that what you wrote could be interpreted as
indication birds don't drop seeds but rather only poop 'em. Since I know you
know differently, I figured I'd just clarify....not particularly for you but
for anyone who cared to follow along with the thread. Nothing else to it.

Right on, Tyra. I believe the origin of the quibble was a line saying
birds "planted" seeds. Plant, drop, poop -- birds are common
distributors of seeds. Maybe we were all taken aback by seeing a
zinnia described as a 'mystery flower'. :-) I'm always tickled when
I can put a name to one (rarely).