Old 21-07-2003, 02:43 AM
V_coerulea

Default What houseplant is this?

Definately looks like a Bird of Paradise whether a white (very tall) or
Royal (medium tall) it's hard to tell. It's definately in the worng place as
they need very bright light. And before flowering it most likely will be in
a pot 2-3 times that size or more. They are related to the bananas.
Gary

"Alana Gibson" wrote in message

Davie wrote:

Can anyone please tell me what I have here?

http://64.67.181.109/images/mysteryplant.jpg

My girlfriend brought this home from Home Depot for twenty bucks. It's
nearly 8 feet tall.
The conversation went something like this...

Me: "What's that?"
Her: "I thought it would look nice in the living room."
Me: "How do you take care of it?"
Her: "Ummm... I dunno. Water it?"

So my first step is to figure out what the heck it is.
My apologies if this is the wrong forum.
Any help is greatly appreciated!

-Dave

Looks like Bird of Paradise (Strelitzia reginae) to me. There aren't
too many web pages with good pictures of the whole plant, but I found
one he http://www.flowers.org.uk/plants/pla...strelitzia.htm