Old 21-07-2003, 02:57 AM
Essjay001

Default Hedge renovation update

Ron wrote:
Urglers.

Thanks for the replies so far but I do not think that any of the
methods described to get rid of the ivy "infection" in my privet are
practicable.
the awful lawn.

I thought of using SBK but note that the instructions say mix it with
parafin and dilute with water before applying to ivy As parafin is
likely to kill the privet, does anyone know of some other way of
killing the ivy without killing the privet?

I have a similar problem but want to keep the Ivy and kill the bramble
growing with it. I simply squirted some glyphosphate into a bag and inserted
some ends of the bramble into it and tied it up. A week or so later bramble
through-out the ivy screen is definately wilting.
Steve R

---
One piece, one button suit, timeless fashion. All made by the same
manufacturer, no designer label, everybody has one.