Old 21-07-2003, 04:42 AM
Debdemona Debdemona is offline
Registered User

Location: sunny California USA
Wink Arum/Calla Lily Black Pearl

Hi !
I live in the US i bought Black pearl and have it planted with some of the other varieties of darker calla's, like the Black forest and midnight eclipse,I purchased mine through Hirts nursery ,im not for sure if they export but you can email them and see.thats who was selling on e-bay

this is the information they have on them

Created after many years of Dutch breeding, the waxy 4 to 5-inch blooms are a silky, midnight-black, edged in ruby-red. The individual blossoms are perfectly formed on 36-inch tall plants that are easy to grow. Black Pearl is great for cutting with its long stems and excellent lasting qualities. We ship large bulbs that will bloom the first year, and will quickly offset and offer an ever-increasing display from year to year. Requires moist locations for healthy growth, and will thrive in shade to part sun. Hardy Zones 8 to 10..

I dont have any pic's on my site to show you of them but as soon as they bloom i will .so far the plant size without any spathes is 14" same height as the midnight eclipse without flowers they both have they same leaf type {heart shaped} moderately spotted
well i hope that helps
there are so many really beautiful varieties,my Farvorite is Mango
it has somewhat rounded like a lilypad shaped leave set high on the leaf stem with moderate spotting and a beautiful firey spathe,
next to that would be hot spot and its rainbowish stop in your tracks spathe but really there are so many how could anyone just choose 1
take care and happy gardening
Debby 106 degrees in sunny california

[url=http://]http://www.fortunecity.com/underworld/multisports/53/calla.html[