Old 21-07-2003, 05:42 AM
The Madd Hatter

Default duckweed

What type of fish eat the duckweed? I put a couple of large scoops in
my pond, along w/ salvania (i think)... It spread a little bit but it
seems to be contained and actually waning now... I have a couple dozen
feeder goldfish in there and 9 or 10 african cichlids ranging in size
from 3" to 7.5"....

Also, I've got an infestation of this wierd green plant or algae... It
floats around in huge mats (snagging my duckweed too btw!) and feels
like hair.. .Its long and stringy and quite nasty... Anyone know what
it is or what I can do to get rid of it?

Thanx!

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 17:56:50 -0400, "*muffin*"
wrote:

I received my shipment of duckweed from BenignVanilla
& put IT in my pond.

ummmmm IT lasted all of 43 min 18 seconds!!!!

dang those fish loved that stuff

*pout*
that was one expensive meal